Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Feel So Inspired!


I had such an amazing day yesterday. The entire day was so inspiring. After my hot yoga i went home and did some writing, reading and relaxed. I decided to call my friend Ernie to chat and we ended up conversing for about an hour. We laughed, i cried.....as always lol....but the most amazing thing is that she totally inspired me. She told me about this big white board that she wakes up and sees every morning on her wall in her bedroom. It was given to her by a friend she works for.

"Liz, go and buy one...write down all your dreams, goals and things you think about or daydream about....as you accomplish one, rub it off and add another. You will always want more as you accomplish more. Don't limit yourself. You won't be given another chance again. This is the only life we have," she said.

Her words stuck with me the entire day. We continued our conversation and spoke about things we are working on and where we see ourselves in 5 years. It was such an amazing chat. After i got off the phone with her i went to Wal-Mart and bought the big white board with the rub off markers in four colours. As i was in the line up, i noticed Oprah's Magazine that i use to buy on a monthly basis but i have not bought one in about 3 months. This month's issue is about "reorganizing your life." I feel like i have hit the road block in my life (it happens every 5 or 6 months or so) and decided to pick it up. I spent 2 hours last night after putting Captain down, reading the magazine.

When i got home, i made dinner for me and the boys. Ohhhhh it was a quick dinner but it was sooooo yummy. Captain's favourite actually, baked barbeque chicken and mash potatoes with broccili :-)))))

Afterwards, while Captain watched a movie after his dinner and shower, i filled my board up with all the things i have either stopped doing ( i tend to stop half way a lot) or things i would like to do, things that inspire me, plans and goals etc. I felt so amazing afterwards. I can't describe it to you. I was sitting on my floor in my bedroom with papers, books and pictures of all the things that make me happy and i started from there. It was one of the best feelings i have had in a long time. Just me and my board.

I encourage you all to get yourself a board and start a project.
When i woke up this morning, it was the first thing i saw on my wall at my bed head. What a beautiful sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis