Friday, March 25, 2011

Pursue A Passion!

Now you may be sitting at your desk, on your couch, or at a coffee shop saying "A passion" But i don't know what my passion is.....

It may seem like a very overwhelming question or statement to many. Only because it makes you think. If this is you, just remind yourself of what you think about "while sitting on the toilet" ( Rubin's words) Most likely you think about people and things that matter to you. YUP so true.

My passion is reading, writing and planning events. I'm relaxed when I have a great book in my hands, when I'm writing or when I'm planning an event. Do i do it often enough? NO! Would i like too? YES! What is stopping me? Well I'm still figuring that out. But i will say this, I'm not going to spend the next 5 years the way i did the past 5 years. Sitting at my desk at work wishing wishing wishing. I would like to go back to school and major in Event Management (and i will) and i would also like to write a few books (and i will) so there are some decisions i have to make. Obviously our bills need to get paid and most of us have families, however there are solutions. I'm taking the next month or so to decide on what i want most in my life right now. Let's face it, I'm not getting any younger. Now is the time.

Do you like drawing, reading, climbing mountains, children, sewing purses, event planning, fashion....whatever your passion is, can it be turned into a career? Mine can. I challenge you to do the research. If there is something you are most definitely passionate about, why not pursue it? Is money seriously everything? Yes and No. Yes because it provides a certain amount of freedom but NO if it is preventing you from your dreams. Your passions.

Take some chances. Maybe you can work part time to use the other time to pursue that passion. Maybe you can quit all together and go back to school (despite your age)

Take this weekend to think about what it is you really want to do with this ONE and ONLY life you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis