Sunday, May 29, 2011

We Barely Give Him 10%

I left church this afternoon speechless, and the whole way home i kept replaying what the Bishop said to me.
I won't get into the whole word on this blog but i will say this; why do we give our 100% in so many things that we do OUTSIDE of God. Like school, boyfriends, partners, friends, kids, jobs, entertainment, social media, and the list goes on. But when it comes down to the things of God-like the word, our pray life and our ministry or Gods children and people, we give about 5% (if that) I'm not talkning to everyone, but this does go to the MAJORITY of US!

I have been hearing God calling me closer to Him for some time now, and i keep putting it off. As if God is something or someone you can just put OFF! Hhhmm
At times i figure "well I'm already doing His work" so I'm good. No, the truth is, I'm not and neither are you. It's not enough. I have not been in my word much lately and i have been praying in a rush to either get to sleep or be on my way out the door. The most intimate time i have with God is while I'm driving and as always i get interupted by some traffic jam, a beeping horn or my mind just goes wandering off.

It's not enough people. We have got to do better than this. The bible says all that He requires from us is 10%
Can you imagine that not even 10% we can give God.....why is that? Yet, we go to Him with open hands asking, begging and pleading.....how can he possibly bless us with nothing to work with? Than we wanna blame Him? Come on now.....give Him something to work with.

If you are already receiving blessings...imagine how much more He has in store for you!
He is not asking that you pray for an hour. Just give Him meaningful prayers. Quality prayers.

Look into your lives today and say "Lord, what am i lacking? What can i do for your kingdom? What is it that is missing in my personal relationship with you?" Be sure to listen to His voice.

We have got to do better than this.

I know for me, it's time i get it together. God has given me enough time to heal and now it is time for peace and restoration. I have a lot of work to do...and it is time i get it done. God won't wait forever.

The Bishop's words to me today, will stay with me always.
Love, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis