Friday, December 24, 2010

Soul Sista's Potluck

A few days back i told you i was attending my soul sister's potluck with 5 of my closest friends. Well let me tell you....this was one of the best days of my life outside of giving birth :-)

We had the laugh of our lives. I don't remember a single moment in the evening where we were not laughing. Well outside of the moments we were crying while expressing our love for one another.

My entire life i never truly knew the meaning or value of friendship. I guess this is because i have never been "present" until very recently. There so much hurt and "racquet's" that i did not care to truly experience "real friendship" when i say this, please don't think i have never known how to be a friend or have never had a friend. That is not what I'm saying at all. Rather, i did not know how to value it or i have never really felt it in my soul and spirit. I was just "doing...doing...doing..." what i thought was right or maybe what kind of felt right. There has always been so much going on. Whether it was work, family, personal, it was always there ...int the way of my deep rooted "self"

I have never been so in love with my family and friends than I am now. I know what and who they are to me. I know that i can't live without them and even if i did, i would not be happy. They are apart of my journey. My joy. My peace. My laughter and my world.

I have learned that what is uttered from the heart alone will win the hearts of others to your own.

A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and excepts you just the way you are.
But this is deeper than it sounds right now. When i look at these ladies, i fell nothing but PURE LOVE! No negative thoughts of feelings cross our minds or hearts even for a second. Who ever said there is no such thing as a group of real friends? I don't blame them though...because i really do feel like we are one in a million. I feel like there are no other groups like us. When i see pictures of The Sex In The City Gals, i think of us all.

Love is when people know everything about each other and are still friends.
I heard my course leader this week say "True friends stab you in the FRONT" LOL soooo true.

I don't want my friends to walk in front of me, because i may not follow. I don't want them to walk in front of me because i may not lead. I just want them to walk beside me and be my friend.

For as long as I'm fortunate to be alive, i will live the rest of my life being the best i can be as a friend, mother, daughter, sister and woman. I hope and pray i can make God smile while I'm at it.

Here are some of my FAVOURITE Friendship Quotes for my FAV friends;

To my friend Natalia

“The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing... not healing, not curing... that is a friend who cares.”


To my friend Snoopy

“Are you upset little friend? Have you been lying awake worrying? Well, don't worry...I'm here. The flood waters will recede, the famine will end, the sun will shine tomorrow, and I will always be here to take care of you. -Charlie Brown to Snoopy”



To my friend Tamara
“One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.”

To my friend Ernie

“Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over.”


To my friend Trinia

“A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.”


To my friend Colleen
"Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to bring them down"

To my friend Lasha
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”

To my friend Veena
“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your smile, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.”

To my friend Camilla
"May there always be work for your hands to do, may your purse always hold a coin or two. May the sun always shine on your windowpane, may a rainbow be certain to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend always be near you, may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you."

To my friend Vanessa
"An honest answer is the sign of true friendship." - Proverbs 24:26

To my Familia

A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.
- George Moore

At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable.
-Mark V. Olsen and Will Sheffer

Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Family is just accident.... They don't mean to get on your nerves. They don't even mean to be your family, they just are.
-Marsha Norman

My 2 favourite ones;

Family life is full of major and minor crises -- the ups and downs of health, success and failure in career, marriage, and divorce -- and all kinds of characters. It is tied to places and events and histories. With all of these felt details, life etches itself into memory and personality. It's difficult to imagine anything more nourishing to the soul.
-- Thomas Moore

Family quarrels have a total bitterness unmatched by others. Yet it sometimes happens that they also have a kind of tang, a pleasantness beneath the unpleasantness, based on the tacit understanding that this is not for keeps; that any limb you climb out on will still be there later for you to climb back.
-- Mignon McLaughlin

I love you all and always pray that you are happy and at peace.
Have an awesome Christmas and i will see you all soon :-)





























No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis