Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What Does The Word Have To Say About "Purpose"

I promised myself and you that I would blog about "purpose" today. I started off thinking I would just write my own interpretation of what it means to me to have purpose but as I began to read my word I researched all the scriptures in the bible that speaks about purpose.

But before I do that I will share just a few words.

When we wonder around day to day aimlessly, it provides no benefit to you, our loved ones or those around us. A lack of purpose leaves you frustrated and with no understanding of what to do with yourself. The you in turn lack direction in everything you do.

If you don't know what your purpose is, now is the best time to spend with yourself - alone reflecting on what that may be. In order to discover your purpose, think and find the things you love to do and what makes you feel fulfilled, content and happy. Find what it is that moves and excites you. Figure out where you can best utilize your gifts. We all have gifts. Each and every single one of us.

Once you figure out your purpose; do the things you do on a day to day basis align with your purpose? Everything you say or do should compliment your purpose. If it doesn't then revisit your plans and to-do lists and make the necessary adjustments to align with your calling. Your purpose.

Your purpose may be to provide a strong educational home schooling program for your children, then follow your hearts desire. Your purpose is not what the "world" may see as purpose. That's because it's not their purpose, it's yours!

Avoid things and people that will distract you from your purpose. Like draining tv shows or reading books that have nothing to do with your purpose when you could utilize that time to read a book that will bring you closer to your destiny. Or sitting on the phone gossiping for hours when you could have been one step closer to your purpose had you not gotten on the phone.

There are things in our way that will block us or blind us, we must determine what or who that is, retire him / her or IT and stay focused. For many of us, God has shown you your purpose a long time ago but there is too much baggage in the way and you keep missing it. Clear your mental and physical space and give life all you got and trust me "life" will pay you back.

God is the Author of purpose. He does not lie. We ALL have a purpose.

Here is Gods word on PURPOSE!

But for this very purpose have I let you live, that I might show you My power, and that My name may be declared throughout all the earth. Exodus 9: 16

I truly love this one too :
Where there is no counsel, purposes are frustrated, but with many counselors they are accomplished. Proverbs 15: 22

Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]. Ephesians 3: 20

O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, for You have done wonderful things, even purposes planned of old [and fulfilled] in faithfulness and truth. Isaiah 25: 1

You have proved my heart; You have visited me in the night; You have tried me and find nothing [no evil purpose in me]; I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress. Psalm 17: 3


Let your eyes look right on [with fixed purpose], and let your gaze be straight before you. Proverbs 4: 25

Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people). Ephesians 5: 15

Living your life with purpose renews your passion for life.

Sealed with LOVE

Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. I really like you put this. Very clear and direct. I must admit I have been struggling to find what my purpose is and never really understood what it meant. I don't think I have ever admitted that but hey now I have. I enjoy reading your blogs. I am not from Canada but I do log onto your log as often as I can and each time I do so I am inspired.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your message. It wasn't until recently that I truly began to see clearly what my purpose was. Until the, my vision was lared. If you know what I mean. And to be honest I am still discovering it each day. The important thing is that we spend time each day discovering more about ourselves and our purpose. I knew I was following my purpose when what I was doing felt right. I want to please God and by pleasing Him I am blessed. I try and focus on my character instead of reputation. That' leads me to do good. I am a working progress but that's what matters.... Right?
    Again thank you for following my blog and I trust you will be blessed.

    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis