So often we hear that knowledge is power. But I mean how can it be power if it just remains in our head. So many of us have a ton of knowledge locked up inside of us, but too many of us do nothing with it. It then becomes powerless. To accomplish the results we often dream of, we must couple our knowledge with the necessary action.
Every time I have taken massive action, it takes me out of my comfort zone. Anything I have ever accomplished - never came easy. Meaning, I had to work overtime and harder. For example, when I woke up out of a massive life threatening brain surgery, within hours I told my sister I was going to publish my book and have a huge book signing event. She thought I was loosing it and told me not to think of all that so soon. I immediately began planning the event in my head. My healing brain began thinking and planning and thinking and planning. I think it's why it healed so fast (laugh). I was determined and it got done! Four months later I published my book and had over 250 guests at my signing. Did it require my blood, sweat and tears? YESSS! However, it was one of the greatest days of my life. Most people do not step out of their comfort zone because of fear of the unknown. I tell you, I have never been afraid of the unknown. OK maybe when it comes to my heart (still working on that), but for the most part, I would consider myself a 'go-getter' and brave.
Most of us are afraid of making mistakes. But think about it; mistakes are the greatest teachers. If you're putting a wall-unit together and realize you made a mistake with a few screws, you would then take it apart and do it differently- right? We should apply this to every area of our lives. Business, relationships, sports, hobbies, school, work etc.
Making mistakes have played a major part in my personal growth and has allowed me to contribute to society and my community in a BIG way. Don't be afraid of making mistakes. I have turned my mess into my message. After all, what exactly are you afraid of?
Here is a list of MY Top 10 Action Steps:
1. Forgive and let go! (You can't get ahead with a heavy heart. Trust ME)
2. Get in shape. Mentally, physically and emotionally. Are you healthy?
3. Write a list of your TOP 5 passions in life
4. Set HUGE goals ( those things you sit and say to yourself, "I wish....") Write them down. Writing has tremendous power.
5. Clean up your environment (toxic things and people gots to GO)
6. READ READ READ. Build real wealth through 'self-education'
There is a huge difference between “book smarts” and “street smarts.”
7. Have a "Love Me" day. Pick one day of the week to either pamper yourself, take yourself out or simply do nada. This is absolutely necessary. My favourite love-me day- is going to Chapters for the entire day.
8. Become the change you want to see in this world. You want to see more love around you? Start spreading it.
9. Go out of your way once a day to perform an act of kindness. i.e.; buy someone in line behind you a coffee. Compliment the cashier who looks down and miserable.
10. Surround yourself with loving, kind, authentic people; in your business and personal life.
At last but NOT least, I put God before all the decisions I make in life. He created me therefore He knows my destiny :-)
These actions steps are simple and attainable. Start off by writing a list of what you want to accomplish in life. Then apply all of the above and I promise you- you WILL see the results and live a much more fulfilling life.